Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Project 2: Improvement of Project 1

  After finish the basic form of aqua tower in project, I`m going to improve the model with some details. In addition, I will select a surface to analysis sunlight. Finally, I`m trying to adjust parameter to obtain the ideal area of balcony which will influences the final form also.

 Part 1. Improving detail
There are three parts I`m going to create, floor, railing and interior mass.
Floor and railing are derived from the parameter I created before, the enclosed curve. I extrude them -0.5m and 1.2m  separately, and cap the"-0.5" to make it a solid floor.
 Besides, on the 52nd floors which is a 2 floor high level and there is not a railing on the roof. So I used"replace item" battery to take the parameter out on 53rd level and roof. Finally, I attached glass to railing and concrete to floor. Interior mass is easy to be created, just using the former"60*30" dimension to get a mass. This mass will intersecting with floor and railing and the final form shows up.




Part 2 Set a specific total area of  balcony and enabling real area to meat that area.
  Firstly, I need to get the balcony area which used "trim solid"


  Then, I use the total area of real balcony subtracting ideal area and finally getting a absolute number. What I need to do is to minimize that the number close to 0.

 After calculation, I got the diagram bellow.

After 53 times calculation, I found the optimal solution when parameter is 0.778. So I use this number to be my final parameter which will inputs into further calculation

Part 3 Analyzing surface sunlight
What I have done is using "list item" to pick one curve surface and analyse its sunlight condition. 


This is the result.


Vedio link : http://youtu.be/HHxawO7OS3A

No comments:

Post a Comment